St. Elizabeth Catholic School was founded in 1947 by the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth, Kentucky (SCN'S). Msgr. McKenna led the parishioners of St. Elizabeth in a drive to organize and save money to purchase a new school and eventually a new church. The parish fair was also organized as a fundraiser to involve the parishioners which helps fund the school. The parishioners of St. Elizabeth Catholic Church appreciate and value the spiritual and academic gifts a Catholic school provides to the younger generation.
We continue to welcome and educate children of all faiths and all nationalities in a Catholic environment. Students have models of faith which instill the Gospel values in their daily teaching. The Sisters of Charity of Nazareth, Kentucky left our school in 1981. Since then, the School Sisters of St. Francis from Cinncinati, OH, the Sisters of Mercy of St. Louis, and the Sisters of St. Joseph of LaGrange, IL have served in different positions in our school.
The school serves the community of Clarksdale, Mississippi, and surrounding areas like Shelby, Duncan, Lyon, Sumner, Tutwiler, Jonestown and Lula. We are making a difference in the community of Clarksdale and in the faith community of St. Elizabeth Church.